This post is also available in: German
My holistic world view
During my studies of process engineering at Graz University of Technology, I already focused my attention on ethics, philosophy and the holistic world view. My dissertation on the topic “Islands of Sustainability” (sustainable development of regions) led me to Canada to study the “ecological footprint”. The result is a dissertation which has been published as a book: “Islands of Sustainability – Logbuch für ein neues Weltbild”. I have never lost this trace of sustainable development and the holistic world view. My approach to business is holistic throughout.
Partner for sustainability thinkers
Therefore, I am a good partner for those people who are thinking and looking for a contribution to the development of the world. Economy needs more spirit and more sense. I also take a holistic approach to my work with executives. If you are already on the path to serious development, you will find a worthwhile cooperation with me.
R&D – a proven model: “train the eight
I learned scientific work at the Graz University of Technology.Today I am still connected to the university business and give two lectures at the UniForLife (UNI-Graz) and the University of Applied Sciences of the Vienna Chamber of Commerce. My own development includes a development and learning model for people and organisations. It is called: “train the eight”, because it uses the horizontal eight as a basic symbol.
In cooperation with Univ.Prof.DI Kurt Völkl I have developed the model very far and tested it practically. Together we have published the model in three non-fiction books and made it available to a broad public. We both use the model in teaching. In my work as a management trainer, the “train the eight” model is an essential basis.
The many years of success that I have achieved with it are very promising. The model has proven itself in training operations and has proven to be extremely robust. I can therefore exclusively offer my customers a really fine model.
More information about the development model: “train the eight”
Focal points in my training and further education
- Basic technical understanding as an electrical engineer and graduate engineer in process engineering, which is often a great help
- Doctor of Technical Sciences (DI Dr. techn.)
- Trained and state-certified management and organizational consultant (Academy for Management Consulting – AFU)
- Systemic organisational consultant
- Certified Management Consultant (CMC) since 2001
- Education in Kinesiology (Brain Gym, Touch for Health), which is an advantage in training
- Management and leadership training
- Large group facilitation
- Viable System Model (model of the viable organization)
- Creativity and intuition
- Empathy (empathic contact with people)
- Holistic approach (dealing with complexity, holistic thinking, large connections)
- Creative and intuitive work, in contact with people and situations
- Visualization and summaries
- Concept and development
- Generalist (broad expertise in leadership, organisation and development issues)
My roles as trainer and consultant
- Management & leadership trainer
- Organizational developer, companion of change projects
- Consultant for value cultures, designing corporate cultures
- Moderator for strategy meetings, team meetings, executive retreats
- Sparring partner for executives, management boards and management teams at higher levels
- Partner for HR/PE/OE responsible persons
- Blended learning trainer: analogue presence combined with digital methods
My work experience
Research at the TU Graz
From 1991 to 1993 I was a research assistant at the Institute for the Fundamentals of Process Engineering at the TU-Graz. During this time my dissertation was written.
Partner of STENUM GmbH
From 1994 to 2000 I was an employee, later partner and managing partner of STENUM GmbH in Graz. STENUM was a research and consulting company for environmental issues. The company had a great innovative power and is considered the developer of the Europe-wide implemented project “ÖKOPROFIT”.
Founder and managing director of Wallner & Schauer GmbH
From 2000 to 2017, I was the founder, managing director and shareholder of Wallner & Schauer GmbH under trade law and commercial law. Wallner & Schauer GmbH was strongly active in the field of sustainability strategies for companies under the title “sustainable consulting”. Later, our business fields expanded to include process and organisational consulting and management development. Wallner & Schauer GmbH had offices in Vienna and Graz, later in Laßnitzhöhe near Graz. At the end of September 2017 the shareholders decided to dissolve Wallner & Schauer GmbH. We wanted to achieve a clear strategic separation of the two main business areas of Wallner & Schauer GmbH: the field “Support of development processes in the environmental and energy sector”, which was mainly managed by my partner Dr. Schauer, and the field “Organizational and management development”, which was mainly filled out by me.
You will find the new website of Dr. Kurt Schauer under the domain used and known by Wallner & Schauer: www.zukunftsberater.at
Publisher Edition Summerhill e.U.
In 2015 I founded a publishing house. With Edition Summerhill e.U. I pursue my passion for good books. We produce “Inspirations for a better life”. Visit us www.summerhill.at!
Learning to change!
I call my latest entrepreneurial activity “Learning to change!” This is where I consistently follow my path as entrepreneur Dr. Heinz Peter Wallner.
Here you can buy my books (german)
This post is also available in: German